Sunday 7 August 2011

It won't work!

To everyone who's posted on my blog recently, just to say i've tried and tried and tried to put replies up, but it won't let me!

I thought it was this one particular computer that i favour, so i tried another. And another. None of them will let me.

It keeps chucking me back to sign-in. Stupid thing, i'm already signed in! I sign-in to access the blog in the first place! But i do as i'm asked, and sign-in again, and it takes me back to the publish comment point, and i do, i press the button, and it takes me back to sign-in again! Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

All i do is go around and around in circles.

Apologies if you've commented and i've not responded, it's not because i don't want to, it's because this stupid thing won't let me. But i will get it sussed. I will beat the machine. I will overcome the small mindedness of the Google Account that won't let me publish a comment. I will figure out what the hell i'm doing wrong and make it right.

I'm really very grateful for all comments, and i will get back to you as soon as i can.

Rant over.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Simon, I just wandered if from, oh hell, where was I? Hmm, Mo & Steve's probably.

    Anyway, been having the same comment problem. Did some rummaging around in forums and the following worked for me yesterday: Apparently it is a corrupt cookie problem so delete ALL cookies, clear cache, in fact - clear everything then quit your browser. Re-open browser, sign-in to Google/Blogger but DO NOT tick the remember me box (I know, sounds weird).

    Also, go to your Blog Settings and change the comment form to pop-up box rather than embedded under post. You can always change it back in a week or two when the technology settles down.

    it all sounds mad but I was having the same problems as you (not being able to sign in to post on my own blog) and this fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OKay, done all that - here goes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you could see me I'm dancing around the bloody computer. It's been madness not being able to post on my own blog, and so frustrating. Thanks so much, and thanks so much to Mo and Steve too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew, can you feel the waves of relief all the way from the Lake District? I'd have felt a right plonker if this hadn't been successful {grin}.

    ReplyDelete