Saturday 29 December 2012

Just a catch-up

… and, I’m back…

Sorry for the absence, I know it’s been awhile. Sometimes building this mad lifestyle just takes everything I’ve got. It’s not even how busy it gets, which it does, it gets crazy busy, but it’s all the rest of it, the struggling to keep my profile high enough so things happen.

That’s the key, if you were interested, in how to write for a living, keep your profile high enough so things happen.

And while I’m doing that, I’ve become more self sufficient than I ever was before.

That’s good. At least it feels good.

I’ve found some really fun self sufficient things lately that I’ll share with you in the next few weeks. Fun things, and a lot of funny stuff with the animals. But not now. Not this blog post. This blog post is just me chatting about how things have been since we last spoke.

This is catching up.

Okay, in less time than it takes to watch a single advert, here’s what’s happened: I lost my newspaper column – new editor, new ideas; I now write for lots more magazines instead; I bought three more pigs, some quail and gunny fowl; I have a new puppy great dane, Solomon
I received a copy of my new book from the publishers and nearly wet myself with excitement (it’s an advanced reader copy – the book itself isn’t out until June 2013)

I learnt how to make tomato ketchup and LOVE IT! (recipe to follow – you’ve got to try it, it’s brilliant); I got a mobile phone so taking photographs shouldn’t be the problem it used to be; the Great British Bakeoff inspired me, along with half the country, to bake more and now I make things most days, again recipes and details to follow; we had our best year ever for running courses and met some amazing people; I’ve become obsessed with listening to podcasts while doing loads of work on the land.

There’s loads more, but I’ll fill you in on that as we go.

Oh, there’s lots of new radio work too, both for the BBC and a great commercial station The Voice. More on that later, too.

2013 looks like it’s going to be really exciting, there’s even some stuff going on that I can’t tell you about yet, but trust me, it’s blow-your-socks-off amazing.

Anyway, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and I hope you have a happy, healthy, fun filled New Year and 2013.

Will post again in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment